Mega Sceptile is coming to Mega Raids in Pokémon Go. Thankfully, we right here at iMore have every thing you’ll want to know to beat it and add this highly effective new Mega Pokémon to your roster.
Who’s Mega Sceptile in Pokémon Go?
The Mega Evolution of Gen III’s Grass starter, Mega Sceptile is a extremely anticipated Mega Pokémon. Sceptile has already been featured in lots of occasions, together with Neighborhood Day, so odds are you have already got just a few. It is also the final remaining Grass sort Mega Pokémon.
In Pokémon Go, Mega Sceptile beats Mega Venusaur for harm per second, however it’s not fairly as sturdy. It additionally positive factors Dragon sort, giving it fascinating weaknesses and resistances. This can be a raid you will not need to miss, so make sure to take a look at our finest Pokémon Go equipment, so that you’re absolutely geared up.
There are a handful of choices for Mega Evolution when countering Mega Sceptile, specializing in a few of its weaknesses: Flying, Poison, Bug, Dragon, Fairy, and Ice sort. Nevertheless, Ice is a double weak spot, in order that’s going to be the best choice.
Mega Abomasnow is the most suitable choice for this raid, as it’s at the moment the one Ice sort Mega. As an Ice and Grass sort, it resists Grass and Floor sort harm, however Bug and Flying sort strikes hit for tremendous efficient harm. Powder Snow and Climate Ball are the strikes your Mega Abomasnow ought to know when dealing with Mega Sceptile.
Whereas Ice is the popular sort right here, if you happen to can not swing Mega Abomasnow, Mega Latios is the subsequent best choice. As a Psychic and Dragon sort, he resists Grass sort harm, however Dragon and Bug sort strikes hit further arduous. Dragon Breath and Dragon Claw are Latios’s finest strikes on this combat.
Whereas they won’t carry out as effectively, the next Mega Developed Pokémon also can work for this raid:
Mega Sceptile is a Grass and Dragon sort with entry to Grass, Dragon, Bug, Flying, and Floor sort strikes. Its weaknesses embody Ice, Fairy, Flying, Dragon, Poison, and Bug sort; nevertheless, Ice is a double weak spot, in order that needs to be your first alternative.
A regional variant from Gen VIII, Galarian Darmanitan is the highest normal counter for Mega Sceptile. It is a pure Ice sort, so it has no helpful resistances, however it would not take tremendous efficient harm from any of Sceptile’s assaults both. Each formes of Darmanitan are quite common and so they share sweet, so most lively gamers can have just a few prepared. Ice Fang and Avalanche are the strikes you will need.
Sinnoh Stone evolution, Mamoswine is one other glorious counter for Mega Sceptile. It is an Ice and Floor sort, so it takes tremendous efficient harm from Grass sort strikes. The Mamoswine line has been featured in lots of occasions, together with Neighborhood Day, so odds are you have already got a pair no less than. In the event you’re bringing Mamoswine to this combat, it ought to know Powder Snow and Avalanche.
One of many many “Eeveelutions“, Glaceon is one other nice choice right here. It is a pure Ice sort, so it takes impartial harm from all of Sceptile’s assaults. Eevee and its evolutions have been featured in lots of occasions and are fairly widespread too, so most lively gamers have just a few of every. Frost Breath and Avalanche is the moveset your Glaceon ought to have.
Subsequent up is one other Sinnoh Stone evolution, Weavile. This Ice and Darkish sort takes tremendous efficient harm from Bug sort strikes. The Weavile line has been featured in a number of occasions and is kind of widespread so most lively gamers have had the possibility so as to add it to their roster. Your Weavile ought to know Ice Shard and Avalanche for this combat.
Gen I Legendary, Mewtwo is subsequent on the record. This pure Psychic sort takes tremendous efficient harm from Bug sort strikes, however impartial harm from the remainder of Sceptile’s moveset. Mewtwo has been obtainable many, many instances, so most lively gamers have just a few. Psycho Reduce and Ice Beam are Mewtwo’s finest strikes on this raid.
Initially encountered within the Kalos area, Avalugg is one other nice alternative. It is a pure Ice sort, so it takes impartial harm from all of Sceptile’s strikes. The Avalugg line solely has one different stage, so it is comparatively obtainable. In the event you’re bringing this iceberg alongside, it ought to know Ice Fang and Avalanche.
Gen V’s Beartic additionally performs effectively on this combat. It is one other pure Ice sort, so no want to fret about moveset, and like Avalugg, it’s totally obtainable on account of solely having one different stage. Powder Snow and Ice Punch is the moveset you will need your Beartic to know.
One of many Legendary birds of Kanto, Articuno is the subsequent high counter. As a Flying and Ice sort, it resists Grass, Floor, and Bug sort harm. Articuno has been obtainable many, many instances in a number of other ways, so most lively gamers have had the possibility so as to add it to their roster. Articuno ought to know Frost Breath and Ice Beam for this combat.
One of many Legendary Dragons from Unova, Kyurem performs effectively right here. It is a Dragon and Ice sort, so Dragon sort strikes hit for tremendous efficient harm, however it resists Grass sort harm. Kyurem has had just a few runs in raids, so there is a good likelihood you’ve got one. In the event you’re including Kyurem to your staff, Dragon Breath and Blizzard are the strikes you need.
Final however not least is Gen V’s Vanilluxe. It is one other pure Ice sort, so it takes impartial harm from all of Mega Sceptile’s strikes. The Vanilluxe line has been featured in a number of occasions, so there is a good likelihood you’ve got one. For this combat, Vanilluxe ought to know Frost Breath and Blizzard.
Again up counters
Though most gamers will be capable of make a staff of one of the best counters, if you happen to’re discovering a niche in your staff, there are many again ups who work effectively in bigger teams. Simply be sure to’re dodging and any of the next might be a good again up:
- Genesect (Chill Drive) with Fury Cutter and Ice Beam
- Jynx with Frost Breath and Avalanche
- Aurorus with Frost Breath and Climate Ball
- Rayquaza with Dragon Tail and Outrage
- Mr. Rime with Ice Shard and Ice Punch
- Salamence with Dragon Tail and Outrage
- Walrein with Frost Breath and Icicle Spear
- Porygon-Z with Hidden Energy (Ice) and Blizzard
- Ho-Oh with Hidden Energy (Ice) and Courageous Chicken
- Cloyster with Frost Breath and Avalanche
- Piloswine with Ice Shard and Avalanche
- Abomasnow with Powder Snow and Climate Ball
- Dragonite with Dragon Tail and Outrage
- Regice with Frost Breath and Blizzard
- Moltres with Wing Assault and Sky Assault
- Palkia with Dragon Tail and Draco Meteor
- Mew with Frost Breath and Ice Beam
- Alolan Ninetales with Powder Snow and Climate Ball
- Garchomp with Dragon Tail and Outrage
- Haxorus with Dragon Tail and Dragon Claw
The rebalance of Shadow Pokémon rescued from Staff GO Rocket make them glorious glass cannons. Not solely are their stats boosted, however throughout particular occasions or with Elite TMs, it is potential to vary their strikes. In the event you occur to have any of the next Pokémon with the precise moveset, they’ll work very effectively on this raid:
- Shadow Mamoswine with Powder Snow and Avalanche
- Shadow Weavile with Ice Shard and Avalanche
- Shadow Mewtwo with Psycho Reduce and Ice Beam
- Shadow Articuno with Frost Breath and Ice Beam
- Shadow Walrein with Frost Breath and Icicle Spear
- Shadow Ho-Oh with Hidden Energy (Ice) and Courageous Chicken
- Shadow Salamence with Dragon Tail and Outrage
- Shadow Abomasnow with Powder Snow and Climate Ball
- Shadow Cloyster with Frost Breath and Avalanche
- Shadow Dragonite with Dragon Tail and Outrage
- Shadow Moltres with Wing Assault and Sky Assault
- Shadow Lapras with Frost Breath and Ice Beam
- Shadow Piloswine with Ice Shard and Avalanche
- Shadow Porygon-Z with Lock-On and Blizzard
- Shadow Latios with Dragon Breath and Dragon Claw
Notice: This is a wonderful raid for Shadow Pokémon. Shadow Mamoswine, Shadow Weavile, and Shadow Mewtwo outperform all different counters. Shadow Articuno by means of Shadow Lapras carry out on par with different high counters.
As a consequence of its double weak spot to Ice and the comparatively few counters with related weaknesses, this needs to be a reasonably straightforward Mega Raid. Nevertheless, it is nonetheless finest to carry a big group to earn essentially the most Mega Power. In the event you’re decrease stage or missing one of the best counters, I might purpose for no less than three gamers.
Climate situations that may influence this raid embody:
- Sunny/Clear Climate boosts Sceptile’s Grass and Floor sort strikes
- Wind will increase its Flying and Dragon sort strikes, in addition to your Flying and Dragon counters
- Rain will increase its Bug sort strikes, in addition to your Bug sort counters
- Cloudy/Overcast Climate will increase your Poison and Fairy sort counters
- Snow will increase your Ice sort counters
Do not miss your likelihood to get Mega Sceptile in Pokémon Go!
Mega Sceptile will solely be obtainable in raids for a restricted time so you do not need to miss this opportunity to battle and catch one. Additionally, make sure to take a look at our different Pokémon Go Guides so you can also turn out to be a Pokémon Grasp!